Vianova joins two other startups in winning Software République's “Mobility 4.0 Challenge”
December 20, 2021
- Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales, members of the Software République, finalized their first open innovation challenge on 16 December
- Out of 150 applications and 10 finalists, Vianova has been selected among the 3 winning start-ups of the competition, alongside Wattpark and Geoflex
- The 3 winners are invited to join the Software République incubator to accelerate their innovative projects
Paris, December 16, 2021 – Vianova, Europe's leading mobility data management company was one of three selected as winners of the “Mobility 4.0 Challenge” organised by the Software République, a new European ecosystem for innovation in intelligent mobility. The winners received their trophies by the members of the Jury of the six founding companies with the participation of Cédric O, French Minister of State for Digital.
On 6th September, the members of the Software République launched the “Mobility 4.0 Challenge”, motivated by a common goal: to mobilise the start-up ecosystem around innovation for sustainable mobility.
After receiving more than 150 projects, 10 finalists were shortlisted by the Software République Jury. By giving them access to the necessary data for their projects and benefiting from the expertise of the six founding companies, the 10 finalists were able to develop their innovative concepts during a prototyping phase which finished early December.
After deliberation by the Jury, Vianova has been rewarded alongside two other winning start-ups. Vianova have been invited to join the Software République incubator from February 1st, 2022 to bring their project to fruition with the support, expertise and resources of Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales.
During the prototyping period, Vianova analyzed millions of data points provided by Software République's partner Renault to identify dangerous road corridors and hard braking events. Combining this data with world class analysis of shared mobility travel patterns, Vianova's algorithms were able to locate streets in several European cities where engineering and enforcement mechanisms could improve safety outcomes. Vianova's goal during its collaboration with the Software République is to expand on this proof of concept and support the safety of road users across the continent through better data insights.
- Frédéric Robinet, CTO of Vianova commented: "The entire Vianova team is very excited about this outcome. As the Minister Cedric O stated, partnerships between start-ups and large French groups are necessary to create the European champions of tomorrow. We are very motivated to continue the adventure with all the partners of the Software Republic in 2022 and to find solutions to make cities even safer and allow an equitable sharing of public space by helping public authorities to make the right decisions thanks to the tools provided by Vianova"
The jury was composed of representatives from the six members of the Software République:
- Sophie Proust, EVP Group Chief Technology Officer, Atos Group
- Laurence Montanari, VP Transportation & Mobility Industry, Dassault Systèmes
- Frédéric Vacher, Head of Innovation 3DEXPERIENCE Lab, Dassault Systèmes
- Jean-Marc Lafond, IoT portfolio Director, Orange Innovation
- Luc Julia, Chief Scientific Director, Renault Group
- Sophie Schmidtlin, VP Research & Advanced Engineering
- Frédérique Le Grevès, Executive Vice President, France Public Affairs, STMicroelectronics & President and CEO, STMicroelectronics France
- Stéphane Royer, Group Chief Data Officer, Thales
- Atos: Laura Fau - [email protected] – Tel. +33 673 64 04 18
- Dassault Systèmes: Arnaud Malherbe - [email protected] – Tel. +33 687 56 24 61
- Orange: Tom Wright - [email protected] – Tel. +33 678 91 35 11
- Renault Group: Amélie Le Gall - [email protected] – Tel. +33 601 92 12 26
- STMicroelectronics: Ronan Mulvaney – [email protected] – Tel. + 33 764 50 58 37
- Thales: Vanessa Viala - [email protected] – Tel. +33 607 34 00 34
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 107,000 employees and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high-performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 Paris Stock indexes. The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space. www.atos.net
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative 3D virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating virtual twin experience of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production. Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 42.3 billion euros in 2020 and 139,000 employees worldwide at 30 June 2021, including 80,000 employees in France. The Group has a total customer base of 263 million customers worldwide at 30 June 2021, including 218 million mobile customers and 22 million fixed broadband customers. The Group is present in 26 countries. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies under the brand Orange Business Services. In December 2019, the Group presented its new "Engage 2025" strategic plan, which, guided by social and environmental accountability, aims to reinvent its operator model. While accelerating in growth areas and placing data and AI at the heart of its innovation model, the Group will be an attractive and responsible employer, adapted to emerging professions. Orange is listed on Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN). For more information on the internet and on your mobile: www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com or to follow us on Twitter: @orangegrouppr. Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange or Orange Brand Services Limited.
About Renault Group
Renault Group is at the forefront of a mobility that is reinventing itself. Strengthened by its alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, and its unique expertise in electrification, Renault Group comprises 5 complementary brands - Renault, Dacia, LADA, Alpine and Mobilize - offering sustainable and innovative mobility solutions to its customers. Established in more than 130 countries, the Group has sold 2.9 million vehicles in 2020. It employs more than 170,000 people who embody its Purpose every day, so that mobility brings people closer. Ready to pursue challenges both on the road and in competition, Renault Group is committed to an ambitious transformation that will generate value. This is centred on the development of new technologies and services, and a new range of even more competitive, balanced and electrified vehicles. In line with environmental challenges, the Group’s ambition is to achieve carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040. https://www.renaultgroup.com/en/
At ST, we are 46,000 creators and makers of semiconductor technologies mastering the semiconductor supply chain with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. An independent device manufacturer, we work with more than 100,000 customers and thousands of partners to design and build products, solutions, and ecosystems that address their challenges and opportunities, and the need to support a more sustainable world. Our technologies enable smarter mobility, more efficient power and energy management, and the wide-scale deployment of the Internet of Things and 5G technology. ST is committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2027. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) is a global leader in advanced technologies, investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum computing – to build a confident future crucial for the development of our societies. The Group provides its customers – businesses, organisations and governments – in the defense, aeronautics, space, transport, and digital identity and security domains with solutions, services and products that help them fulfil their critical role, consideration for the individual being the driving force behind all decisions. Thales has 81,000 employees in 68 countries. In 2020 the Group generated sales of €17 billion. www.thalesgroup.com